HÄFEN UND LANDAUSFLÜGE
Boat & snorkelling tour
- Dauer : 1h30
From the pier, board your boat and start sailing along the coast.
After a safety briefing, you will leave Gustavia's pier for “Les Ti-Saints” and its sheltered bay. You will discover different scenic panoramas of the island.
Once anchored in a bay, you will have some time to enjoy a swim in the warm waters of the bay or go snorkelling. An integral part of the Marine Reserve, the seabed near the rocks is particularly rich and colourful.
After enjoying your snorkeling time, followed by refreshments, you will re-board your boat and head back to the ship.
- This tour involves very limited walking with some steps. We recommend you wear comfortable, non-slip shoes, wear your swimsuit under your clothes, take a towel from the ship, and protect yourself from the sun. You will have to remove your shoes before embarking on your boat. Refreshments are included in the tour. Snorkelling equipment is provided. Passengers must be able to use a ladder to embark and disembark without assistance. The Captain may amend the excursion depending on weather conditions. This tour is limited to 8 participants.
- Dauer : 2h00
From the pier, board a taxi and take a short ride to the ATV parking lot. Upon arrival, you will fill the rental agreement and receive your equipment.
After receiving the safety briefing, you will start your adventure by ATV. You will leave Gustavia and take the road above the harbour. The ride makes its way to Saint-Jean, where the airport lies, passing the famous “Col de la Tourmente” where you may come across a plane landing! Enjoy a first photo stop here.
Then, you will drive around the pond of Saint-Jean and climb up the hill that is overlooking Salines. Continuing via the valley of “Petite Salines”, you will arrive in “Grand Fond”, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and dominated by the “Morne Vitet”. This mountain, the highest on the island (286 m), offers beautiful scenery composed of a deep green valley and the blue and white of the raging ocean. You will ride along the water towards Toiny.
Finally, you will reach Lorient and its famous flowered cemetery, Saint-Jean and its sea resort style with shops and restaurants, and will make it back to Gustavia ATV’s parking lot. After check-out, you will walk back to the pier.
- This tour involves a high level of effort and attention. Guests will drive their own vehicle amongst the heavy traffic. Drivers must be over 18 years old, passengers over 12 years old. Participants must wear closed shoes and a helmet during the tour. The operator will provide helmets. We recommend you wear long pants and a jacket while driving and protect yourself from the sun. The driver of the ATV must have a valid driver license with him as well as his own credit card. He will have to fill in the rental agreement. The driver is fully responsible for himself, for his passenger and for the vehicle. A €2000 bail will be collected on the credit card in case of any damages to the ATV. This amount will be unlocked after the tour, when ATV will be controlled. Please note that tour itinerary may be amended depending on traffic and roads conditions, therefore, total duration of this tour may vary accordingly. The ATV’s owner reserves the possibility to refuse a participant or stop the tour for a participant if he considers that the security of the participants can be jeopardised. The price is based on 2 people per ATV, in case of a participant wants to be alone, he has to pay for 2 people. This tour is limited to 8 ATV, so 8 drivers and 8 passengers.
Essential of Saint Kitt's
- Dauer : 4h45
From the pier, board your coach and start your 20-minute drive to Basseterre and discover Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park, Romney Manor Botanical Gardens and Fairview Great House.
Basseterre is a historic capital with a mix of traditional French architecture and Victorian architecture. Here, you will discover old churches, West Indian cottages, and a former slave market.
Your first stop will be made at the Romney Gardens and Caribelle Batik Studios. This 12-acre garden setting is quite simply stunning. It is at this glorious location that local artists produce the fabric and apparel for which Caribelle Batik has become widely acclaimed.
From the top of the Brimstone Hill fortress, listed as World Heritage by UNESCO, you will discover a panoramic view of the coast, the surrounding countryside and the neighbouring islands. The first cannons were brought to Brimstone Hill in 1690. The English and French engaged in frequent naval battles to gain control of this part of the world. This construction is an astonishing and ingenious architectural work. It is also one of the largest and best preserved in the Caribbean.
You will then visit Fairview House for a journey back in time. This beautiful, 300-year-old property is a perfect example of a colonial house from that period on the island. During your visit, you will learn about the history of the owners of the house and the daily life of its inhabitants during the colonial period. From the veranda and the gardens, you will have a panoramic view of the Caribbean Sea and the twin island of Nevis.
Then, you will enjoy a scenic drive before reaching your ship, 30-minute drive.
- This excursion involves approximately 1 hour of walking on flat and uneven ground with some steps. We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes and protect yourself from the sun. This tour is only conducted in English.
Yoga under the Caribbean sky
- Dauer : 2h45
From the pier, board your coach and start your 35-minute drive to the restored 18th century Great House and Botanical Garden.
Once arriving, you will enjoy a guided walk around the Great House which is believed to have been initially built in 1701 by the French. This Great House has had many owners and inhabitants over the years, each leaving their mark and contributing to the unique history of the property. The inhabitants that have been recorded to reside at this site include the senior officer of the colonial French military in Saint Kitts, as well as American John Gardiner and lawyer James Stephen. The rich history of the site and the island is displayed with its furnished historical information room, that brings to life the 1700s –1800s with true impressions of what life was like on a plantation estate in Saint Kitts during that era.
After discovering the Great House, you will start your session of yoga.
Twenty-three years ago, your yoga instructor took a leap of faith and went to an ashram in Massachusetts, where she trained and successfully became a Hatha Yoga Teacher. While there, she was introduced to “Phoenix Rising” yoga therapy. Share in her simple story and experience the union of one’s self.
Finally, reboard your coach to join your ship.
- This excursion is a sportive tour, participants must be in good physical condition. We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes, comfortable clothes, bring a towel from the ship and protect yourself from the sun. A bottle of water will be provided. This tour is conducted in English only and is limited to 10 participants.
- Dauer : 1h00
From the pier, board your semi-submarine vessel and start your adventure to discover the seafloor. You will be seated on the exterior deck and the guide will give you a safety briefing and also present you Saint Barthelemy.
Once your vessel reaches the entrance of the harbour, you will be taken down into the tunnel-like hull in front of the underwater windows. If you wish, you will be able to stay outside on the upper deck.
The vessel will pass over the wreck of the 50-foot island freighter “Marignan”, which sunk during hurricane “Luis” in 1995.
You’ll reach the reef around "Gros Ilets". Here, the sea bottom is full of colourful coral reefs, which are gently invaded by troops of “sergeant major” fish. You may even be able to see green turtles or sharks.
Then, your vessel will head towards Gustavia, passing over an area where Sea turtles love to stay. You can decide to stay outside on the upper deck to enjoy views of the anchored yachts and landscape around Saint Barthelemy.
- This tour involves little walking, with some potentially slippery steps to get on the boat. We recommend you wear comfortable, non-slip shoes and protect yourself from the sun. This tour is not recommended for people with claustrophobia. There is no guarantee you will witness any particular marine life. This tour is limited to 21 participants.
Discover the marine life
- Dauer : 2h00
From the pier, board your catamaran and start sailing to the snorkelling spot.
Depending on the weather conditions, you will either go to the south west of Gustavia, to "les ti-Saints", a group of rocks and reef close to the shore, or "Gros Ilets".
While en-route, the crew will give you a safety briefing as well as your snorkelling equipment.
Upon arrival at your snorkelling spot, you will have the choice between snorkelling in the crystal-clear waters or relaxing on the catamaran.
After a 1-hour session in the water, followed by refreshments, you will reboard your catamaran and head back to the ship.
- This tour involves very limited walking with some steps. We recommend you wear comfortable non-slip shoes, wear your swimsuit under your clothes, take a towel from the ship, and protect yourself from the sun. Refreshments are included in the tour. The snorkelling equipment includes flippers, mask and snorkel. The catamaran has a main covered area, a front trampoline, a covered upper deck and a toilet. Passengers must be able to use a ladder to embark and disembark without assistance. This tour is limited to 19 participants.
Syndicate Nature trail
- Dauer : 4h00
From the pier, board your coach for a 45-minute drive to Syndicate, where you will start your hiking tour.
Nestled in the foothills of Dominica’s tallest mountain, Morne Diablotin, and close to the Picard River Gorge, is the Syndicate Nature Trail. Located in the National Park, this lasso trail is home to Dominica’s National Bird — the Sisserou Parrot (Amazona imperialis) — and the Jaco (Amazona arausiaca). The Syndicate area is popular for bird watching as it is a bird sanctuary for some of the 51 species of local and migratory birds that may be found in the Park. This area also has a diverse array of flora. It is a key location for research and educational purposes and has lovely view points along a walking path.
The trail looping through the forest will allow you to discover the main interest points and offers a panoramic view on the Dublanc River valley. If you’re particularly lucky, you could see a Jaco or a Sisserou Parrot, the National Bird. The forest is full of the other life forms, including four species of hummingbirds.
Upon completion of your short hike, you will proceed to Plantation Grove for refreshments, before embarking on the 45-minute drive back to your ship.
- This tour is an easy 1 ½ hour hike through the forest on muddy trails with some steps. We recommend you wear comfortable hiking shoes, bring an insect repellent and protect yourself from the sun. The refreshments are included on your tour. Participants must be in good physical condition. There is no guarantee you will observe any specific fauna or flora. This tour is limited to 40 participants. This tour is guided in English only.
Painting class at Dominica
- Dauer : 2h30
From the pier, board your coach for a 15-minute transfer to Beach Avenue, where your painting teacher will be awaiting you.
The art instructors will guide the class through each step of the painting process. They will give you all the painting equipment necessary to start your lesson. The final masterpiece will be completed by the end of the class and will be ready to be taken home.
After your 2-hour creative endeavour, you will reboard your coach for a 15-minute drive back to your ship.
- This tour involves little walking on uneven ground with some steps. We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes, wear clothes you’re willing to get a bit of paint on and protect yourself from the sun. All the painting equipment and an apron will be provided. Refreshments are included on your tour. Most classes are acrylic paintings on canvas. This tour is limited to 12 participants. This tour is guided in English only.
Chocolate between history & tasting
- Dauer : 3h00
From the pier, board your coach for a 45-minute, scenic drive to the village of Calibishie and Pointe Baptiste.
Pointe Baptiste cocoa is harvested and gathered from local farmers in an ecological manner. The chocolate factory is a small family business which supports sustainable practices.
Upon arrival, you will be personally welcomed by the family and invited to discover their estate, where you will learn about cocoa farming and the chocolate making process. They will be happy to share their knowledge and experience, and show you all the different processes used in making chocolate — from bean to bar.
After your visit, you will taste their fine chocolate bars. They offer many different varieties of chocolate: Dark chocolate, Ginger, Coffee, Spice (containing nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves), Hot Pepper, Lemongrass, Tangerine, Mint and Milk chocolate.
Finally, you will reboard your coach for a 45-minute drive back to your ship.
- This tour involves little walking on uneven ground with some steps. We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes and protect yourself from the sun. The tasting is included on your tour. This tour is limited to 25 participants. This tour is guided in English only.
Indian River by rowboat
- Dauer : 2h30
From the pier, board your coach for a 15-minute transfer to the Indian River.
The Indian River is like a mini Amazon teeming with life. It runs through the centre of the town of Portsmouth, in the North of Dominica. The river was named the Indian River after the settlements of the Kalinago, formally known as Carib Indians, which existed on the upper banks of that River.
The Indian River gushes down the Morne aux Diables Mountain range and gently meanders down to the lowlands of Portsmouth, where it flows gracefully into the Caribbean Sea. Due to its unique formation, being below sea level, the water at the lower areas of the river is brackish, contributing to the unique variety of plants and animal life. The Indian River showcases flora and fauna that are specific only to that area of Dominica. Local fauna includes Herons, King fisher, iguanas, and a variety of other birds, many of which are still present after the devastation left in the wake of Hurricane Maria. Vegetation continues to grow and is returning in full force.
Experienced boatmen in hand-oared wooden rowboats will take you up the slow-moving river at a leisurely pace, so that you can appreciate the many types of wildlife and plant life along the swampy river banks.
See first-hand where scenes from Pirates of the Caribbean were filmed. Up river you can take a short 10-minute walk in the Botanical gardens and visit the renowned “Bush Bar”, where you can try their homemade rum punch.
After your 2-hour adventure, you will reboard your coach for a 15-minute drive back to your ship.
- This tour involves little walking on uneven grounds with some steps. We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes, bring an insect repellent and protect yourself from the sun. Refreshments are included on your tour. Participants must be in good physical condition and must be able to embark on and disembark from the wooden rowboats without assistance. Life jackets will be provided. There is no guarantee you will be able to see any specific flora or fauna. The wooden rowboats can welcome a maximum 10 participants. This tour is limited to 50 participants. This tour is guided in English only.
* je nach Verfügbarkeit